Dr. Michael Bryant, Dean of the School of Christian Studies
Dr. Peter Beck, Dr. Michael Bryant, Dr. Bobby Howard, Dr. Pete Link, Dr. Ryan Lister, Dr. Keith Sharp, Dr. G. Timothy Tew
Location: Lightsey Chapel (moving to the Center for Christian Leadership- Fall 2013)
The School of Christian Studies plays a pivotal role in the life of Charleston Southern University and seeks to reinforce the mission of the university through the accomplishment of five major goals:
- To equip students who desire to enter the Christian ministry with a scholarly study of the various aspects of the Christian faith. The curriculum is biblically-based and courses are taught from a distinctively Christian perspective.
- To provide the necessary preparation for those students who will enter seminary or other graduate programs in Religion. Such preparation should help students to qualify for advanced standing in many graduate degree programs in the seminaries.
- To offer departmental majors the academic training and practical experience essential for effective ministry in churches and denominational institutions.
- To provide a thorough training for those who will directly enter the ministry upon graduation, thus ending their formal educational preparation.
- To give basic Christian instruction to all students in the university through the required survey courses. Careful attention will be given to the biblical perspective of God’s purposes in the world with relation to the nature and destiny of humanity.