We warmly welcome academically qualified students from other countries to apply for admission to Charleston Southern University. Applicants must be sufficiently proficient in English to be able to study entirely in the English language. The following must be sent to the Enrollment Services Office in addition to the admission materials for the graduate program*:
- An online application at www.charlestonsouthern.edu.
- Copy of current passport.If already in the U.S. a copy of your visa and I-94 with travel history are also required.
- Official college transcripts from all institutions attended sent directly from the institution. Transcripts and any additional documents in a language other than English must be accompanied by an official English translation. Transcripts from a college outside of the U.S. require a course-by course evaluation by World Education Services, Inc. or another accredited member of NACES.
- English proficiency score reports sent directly from the testing agency for students from non-English speaking countries. CSU will accept the following minimum scores from these English Proficiency Exams:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): 71 (internet-based)
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): 6.0
- Pearson Test of English (Academic): 51
- iTEP (International Test of English Proficiency): 3.7
CSU may conditionally admit international students without an English proficiency test score result if they have successfully completed and graduated from an approved Intensive English Program. For a list of approved Intensive English Programs, contact the International Student Enrollment Counselor in CSU’s Admissions Office Official Bank Statement
- A completed International Student Financial Statement and accompanying bank statement. In the event an individual or company is sponsoring a student, an Affidavit of Support and supporting financial documents must be submitted by the sponsor on behalf of the student.
- An International Student Eligibility Form completed by the International Student Advisor or Designated School Official for F-1 students who transfer from a U.S. college or university. In addition, copies of current I-20, visa, and I-94 with travel history should be submitted.
The deadline for admission applications from international students is two calendar months prior to “the first day of classes” (according to the CSU Academic Calendar) of the academic term of entry. Applications received after the deadline may be considered for a future entry term if the applicant desires.
In the event a student is being sponsored by an individual or company, an Affidavit of Support and supporting financial documents must be submitted by the sponsor on behalf of the student. After issuance of Form 1-20 and prior to the drop/add deadline of the respective term, an advance cash deposit is required to be on file within the Business Office in the amount of the total cost of the term, including any necessary insurance premium. Otherwise, Charleston Southern University reserves the right to deny the student attendance for that term.
* For additional admissions requirements, please click on the school/college of your choice on the right. The Physician Assistant Studies Program has its own International Student Admissions requirements.