Jul 06, 2020
A major in Computer and Information Sciences consists of 66 hours and does not require a minor.
Computer and Information Sciences (66 hours) + Liberal Arts Core (48-49 hours)
Liberal Arts Core (48-49 hours)
Foreign Language requirement (hours included above)
Students are required to take a minimum of 3 credit hours but are not required to progress past FL 202 (Intermediate II) if the student places higher than FL 201. If a student places higher than 202, the student has completed her/his required FL credit. Note that this placement does not count toward the required 125 hours (may vary according to degree) required of all CSU students. Choose one of the following courses:
- ARAB 110 and 110L, 120. 201, 202
- FREN 110 and 110L, 120, 201, 202
- SPAN 110, 111 or 112 and 110L, 102, 201, 202
- CHST 121, 122, 131, 132 or
- Any other 3 hour foreign language course
Major Electives (23 hours)
- At least 8 hours of CSCI electives at the 300/400 level are required.
- The additional 15 hours may come from any courses at the 300 level or above from the following categories:
- BUSI (except BUSI 314 )
- or the following ART courses: ART 216, 221, 318, 341, 418 and 441
Human Computer Interface (10 hours)
The purpose of CSCI 496 Senior Portfolio Review is to determine if the student has the appropriate course depth in introductory CSCI coursework to begin his/her senior project series. The BA student shall create a portfolio that must include: (1) at least three papers on ethical, legal, or social issues in computing, (2) at least four programs and (3) at least two presentations. In the case where courses were transferred and programs are no longer available, the faculty may ask for material from other classes.
All students must have at least 125 hours to graduate. Students who took MATH 099 or ENGL 099 will need at least 129 hours to graduate. Full Bridge students will need at least 133 hours. Students must meet the Residency Requirements described in this catalog.