Humanities and Fine Arts (46 hours) + Liberal Arts Core (47 hours)
Foreign Language requirement (3 hours included in Liberal Arts Core above)
Additional hours may be required depending on foreign language placement. Students are required to take:
a) through Foreign Language (FL) 201 Intermediate I (incorporating Arab, Spanish, French, or other languages offered; eg, SPAN 201 , FREN 201 ) if a student starts with no advanced placement or places into 110, 120, or 201, earning a minimum of 3 hours but not to exceed 9 hours;
b) through Foreign Language (FL) 202 (Intermediate II) if the student places higher than FL 201. If a student places higher than 202, the student has completed her/his required FL credit. Note that this placement does not count toward the required 125 hours (may vary according to degree) required of all CSU students.
c) CHST 121 and CHST 122 or CHST 131 and CHST 132 .
Interdisciplinary majors and minors are offered with general concentration options in three academic areas: Humanities and Fine Arts, Natural Sciences and Social and Human Sciences. All prerequisites must be met for all courses attempted for these majors and minors. Minors offered within this program may only be used in combination with the specific majors offered in this program.
In addition to the Liberal Arts Core, 46 hours, including GNED 405 (1 hour), must be selected from courses listed under “Major Studies” in a major within the interdisciplinary division. A limit of 5 courses may be taken in any of the department areas. For Humanities and Fine Arts and Social and Human Sciences, 7 of the courses must be at the 300 or 400 level. For the Natural Science major, 5 of the courses must be at the 300 or 400 level.
In addition to the Liberal Arts Core, 21 hours must be selected from courses listed under “Major Studies” in a major within the interdisciplinary division. A limit of 3 courses may be taken in one of the department areas listed within the chosen minor concentration.
Major Concentration (46 hours)
A combination of courses from the following fields; 45 hours selected from below plus GNED 405; at least 21 hours must be at 300/400 level:
Art, Christian Studies, Communication, English, Foreign Language and Literature (any), History, Theatre and Music
Minor Concentration (21 hours)
Select (1) Social and Human Sciences OR (2) Natural Science:
- Includes: Accounting, Athletic Training, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, ECBA, ECEC, Economics, Education, Geography, Healthcare Management, Kinesiology, Management, Marketing, Physical Education and Sports, Political Science, Public Health, Psychology and Sociology
- Includes: Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, and Computer Science
Recognition of Credit Earned which Satisfies Requirements in both (1) the Major and (2) the Minor or Second Major*
- Credit hours earned for any class are only counted once in the cumulative hours used for graduation, and are counted once on the student’s transcript.
- Credit hours earned for a class required in one’s major that also meet the requirements in one’s minor or second major may be recognized in both areas subject to:
During degree checks or degree audits, credit hours which meet the requirements in more than one area (including Liberal Arts Core) will only be counted once toward the 125(+) hours needed for graduation.
* Interdisciplinary programs have different rules regarding the application of major, minor and liberal arts core credit. Any course used in the liberal arts core will not apply to the major or minor.
All students must have at least 125 hours to graduate. Students who took MATH 099 or ENGL 099 will need at least 129 hours to graduate. Full Bridge students will need at least 133 hours. Students must meet the Residency Requirements described in this catalog.